MY TEAM...MY UNIT...MY FAMILY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY TEAM...MY UNIT...MY FAMILY

We are proud to inform the airsoft communities, Viper's hibernation is over, we will be seen again in the battlefield. ATRU will play again as a team of united family, see you again, we are looking forward to exchange bb's with you.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

first aid for cuts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-11-06

first aid for cuts Empty
PostSubject: first aid for cuts   first aid for cuts Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 8:18 am

If an injury has excessive bleeding or pain, see a physician immediately. If you have minor cuts and scrapes you should firstly wash up the place where you have got cut. After washing it wash your hands with soap and water. Always recommend wearing disposable medical gloves, to avoid spreading germs when cleaning or treating a wound. Keep the wound clean and wash the injury with a mild soap and lukewarm water. A dirty mark or the other wound that isn't properly cleaned it will leave a scar or tattoo on the skin. We should leave the cuts or wounds open in the night to dry so that it doesn?t cause pus. To keep the wound free from germs we should use some ointment on the wound. Apply direct pressure on the wound until bleeding stops. Put sterile bandage on wound.

Signs of infected wound:
1. Swelling
2. Redness
3. Pain
4. May cause fever
5. Presence of pus.

First aid for cuts and scrapes:

1. First step is to wash gently around the wound with warm water and soap to remove dirt.
2. Cover the wound with a bandage or a piece of sterile gauze.

Cuts and scrapes can all result in bleeding. Take aspirin or ibuprofen for pain. Be careful when you take the bandage off. Don?t take aspirin everyday because it will cause to blood clotting. We should soak the wound in warm water for 2 to 3 times a day. Quickly cover the wound with dressing, preferable sterile and continue direct pressure on the wound it will stop the flow of the blood. Don't use an elastic bandage because it may cut off the blood supply. Small wounds can be treated in home by gently clipping the cotton around the wound with a clean scissors. Use warm water or saline to flush out the wound and remove all the dirt and debris from the areas. The best medicine to clean the cuts and scrapes is to use Savlon liquid it may burn but it keeps the cuts free from germs. Nowadays you are getting sprays and ointments, gels to put on the cuts.

Discover why everyone needs first aid training at:
http://www.youneedfirstaidtraining.com
Back to top Go down
https://atru.forumotion.com

first aid for cuts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MY TEAM...MY UNIT...MY FAMILY :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: MEDIC BASE-
Jump to: